Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Principle and Leading Idea for Multiplying with Money

I had a difficult lesson to teach my 4th grader who is in the math program recommended by the Foundation for American Christian Education [www.face.net] , RightStart. He is in Level D. On page 116 there is a lesson that applies multiplication by multiplying while counting money. I was having a difficult time locating a principle and leading idea for this example.

I approach the principle and leading idea as the main avenue for my instruction. The concept is an example of what God wishes my son to learn about His character and nature.

I did finally locate what I needed for my son. Planning is such a difficult thing for him (he is nine). For a leading idea I used Luke 14:28 which led to the principle of problem-solving. This information I found in Mr. Rose's book I listed in the previous entry.

No comments: